Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Walt Disney's Disneyland Game (1959)



I love Disneyland space stuff and in the 1950s it was one of THE places to go if you wanted to experience our possible "tomorrowland". In 1959 they released a game where the object was to visit all 4 lands in the course of the game. I recently got some of the game cards from the game and thought I would highlight the Tomorrowland portion of the game.

I have to thank Boardgeek for many of the other illustrations they have on line. It is the best place to find authoritative information about board games.
http://boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/5653/walt-disneys-disneyland-game

The game pieces included a space man, a space repairman, a jet rocket, and a flying saucer.


As I said you randomly got a card at the beginning of the game and had to visit all 4 "lands" to get the tokens that match your card and win the game.

These were the 3 cards I got. I like how "primitive" they seem even for 1959.  The game artist looks like they put in minimal effort.



Admittedly even Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett look pretty poor.  I found the cards and bought them without knowing the source so this post was a chance for me to learn another story about ephemera in my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment