Monday, February 3, 2014

5 Years of Dreams of Space!



I missed the actual anniversary which was Feb 2. I started the Dreams of Space Blog on Feb 2, 2009. And while I missed blogging for most of Jan I have a number of items waiting to share with you. So I will double-post today and publish both this anniversary post and start sharing something special I have been saving for.


The biggest news of the year for me was this blog post on May 8, 2013:

http://dreamsofspace.blogspot.com/2013/05/2001-space-odyssey-howard-johnsons.html

It experienced the "Boing-Boing" effect and went viral.  At this time I have had over 77,000 people view this post. Who knew there were so many Howard Johnson's fans out there?

I appreciate all your comments as well as the side-correspondences that have started because of different blog posts.

The effort I was most proud of was assisting AIAA Houston chapter with the web publication of the Collier's 1952-1954 Space series in their Horizons newsletter. Stay turned for the possible web publication of the entire series as a single PDF.  Until then here are the issues that comprised the 8 part series that finished this year:

July/August 2012 IssueSeptember/October 2012 IssueNovember/December 2012 IssueJanuary/February 2013 IssueMarch/April 2013 IssueMay/June 2013 issueJuly/August 2013 issueSeptember / October 2013 issue






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the 5 year mark! You Have an excellent site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your simply marvellous site. May it continue for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic site! Being in my 60s I sometimes recognize one of your books from my childhood, and go on a nostalgia trip.Those were great days.

    ReplyDelete